30 Day Qigong Challenge
Of the countless physical modalities created to promote health and wellness, Qigong tops the list as one of the most accessible to all ages and fitness levels.
But in the absence of a live class or on-line video tutorial, having the know how to create your own qigong program just might be the gift that keeps on giving.
With that said, my gift to all of you is my 30 Day Qigong Challenge which is designed to teach you how to build your own customize program, tailored for your specific needs.
How to start your own Qigong Program
When designing a personally tailored Qigong program the first step is to make a mindful connection to what is going on inside you.
Take a moment and do a full body scan from head to toe to see what areas need attention.
Start with your Head and Neck
- Do you have a headache or experience them often?
- Do you have pain, stiffness or tightness in your neck muscles?
- Does your neck feel weak or functionally feeble?
Next, move down to your upper body
- Do you have pain, stiffness or tightness in your chest, upper back shoulders or arms?
- Do you feel weak and unable to lift, carry, push or pull with your arms?
Next, move down to your core and low back
- Do you have pain, stiffness or tightness in your abs or low back muscles?
- Do you feel weak and unable to sit or stand upright?
Next, move down to your lower body
- Do you have pain, stiffness or tightness in your upper or lower legs, hips, knees or ankles?
- Do you feel weak and unable to walk, run, jump or stand?
Next, turn your attention to your internal body
- Do you have trouble with respiration, circulation, digestion, or your nervous system?
Finally, take stock of your emotional and mental state
- Do you feel stressed out, anxious, fearful, or sad?
Once you have scanned over your body to see what areas need attention, the next step is to decide what kind of stimulus would best serve the condition.
- Tight muscles would benefit from exercises that promote flexibility.
- Stiffness in the range of motion (R.O.M.) around the joints would benefit from exercises that promote mobility.
- Weakness of the muscles would benefit from strength building movements.
- Internal organ system disfunction such as breathing, blood circulation, or digestion, would benefit from exercises that stimulate the specific acupuncture meridians corresponding to that organ system.
- Emotional issues would benefit from exercises that stimulate the associated organ. Stress = liver, Anxiety = spleen, Fear = kidney, Sadness = lung etc.
Next step is to choose appropriate Qigong exercises that will target both the areas in questions as well as the problems they possess. This is where you can let your creativity and inspiration run wild.
The 30 Day Qigong Challenge Video attached to this article is the explanatory introduction leading into the 30 different instructional videos that will teach your all the exercises you will need to customize your very own qigong program.
By the end of the 30 days, you will have learned how to incorporate the different movements to promote flexibility, mobility, strength, internal organ stimulation, as well as emotion stimulation.
The final step is ...... To Play, breathe, move and heal. Give it a try!
To help you customize your Qigong program I've created a free downloadable symptom checklist that includes the corresponding video to learn the exercises.